Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last TMI of 2008

I have a love-hate relationship with these TMI Tuesday questions. I get to know what other's are thinking and secretly file in the information away for future use (wink, wink). And I get to think about things long since forgotten or yet unimagined. But the "hate" comes in because I'm not too sure how far my url has entered circulation. I would hate to get called into the office because of something I posted. Not that I'm ashamed; I just believe not everybody needs to know every detail about everything. I try to preserve a modicum of dignity and innocence.

But what I am proud to say is, these questions and the few archived ones I pulled out, helped me talk to my younger cousins about the TMIs of life without me coming across as preachy or over the head of one or giving the other too much ammunition to duplicate my dirt. It was another night of laughes and OMGs and surprise and thought and sharing. Things we shared tonight may affect our lives for the positive. I learned from them; they learned for me. For that I am grateful.

1. Last week was "The Most Wonderful time of the Year", but what are your favorite 2008 memories?

Hearing my nephew say my name and hold a conversation with me. He's shy and only speaks around those he's comfortable with. And he's so affectionate. He and his older brother have saved me from myself many days/nights/weeks in 2008. Oh and their mother is no slouch in the showing me love department.

All the laughs I shared.

The secret moment in time where I smiled bigger, laughed more heartily, when I went to sleep smiling, dreamt smiling and woke up smiling - and only he and I knew why.

Getting a raise at work when merit increases were "frozen".

There are more. And I'm grateful for them all.

2. What is the best thing you learned in 2008?

That I'm worth defending. I stopped letting people say just anything to me. I stopped letting people dump on me. And I did me FOR me. I learned to let my own voice be heard. And I'm not shutting up in 09, so deal! lol

3. On a scale of 1-10, how good was your 2008?

8.

4. What is your wish for 2009? What is your wish for someone else for 2009?

I hope and pray that I experience all that 09 has to offer. I hope that my fears don't deter me from the successes that bear my name. I hope that I have the wisdom to relentlessly build and support myself and others and the strength to demolish and destroy even when necessary. I hope health permeates every aspect of my life: spirit, soul, body, finances, friendships, relationships, dreams, hopes, etc.

For everyone else, "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. " - 3 John 1:2

5. Where was the first place you ever passionately kissed?

His house. Or my house. I don't remember. I do remember the way my heart swelled every time we touched. The place was irrelevant, as long as we were together.

Bonus (as in optional):Do you make New Year's resolutions? What is/are your's for 2009?

I don't make resolutions. I set goals and plan steps to achieve them. And sometimes when the calendar turns to February, I still remember what they are lol

No comments:

Post a Comment