Friday, January 2, 2009

Wanna Ride?

so day 2 of 09, i wrote a poem. seriously? i decidedly havent written a poem in a while. so i have no idea where this came from. im so open right now. hold me! lmao ack!

Wanna Ride?

My heart is a rollercoaster
Wanna ride?
Gentle promises envelop us with syncopated rhythms
Drumming our ears as we reach the max
An apex beyond the last

Wanna ride?
Jarring turns, paths untold unfold before us
Pressured momentum pushes us to the point
Where feet fledge on the edge of fight or flight
White-knuckled hands hold us together
Bearing the weight to support
No wait for support
Degrees of descent complete
The bar has been raised
Nothing lower than this

Wanna ride?
So much more in store
Each step impacted by the moment before
Storied memories between laughs
And promises to ride with you again. . .

With you, I’m me. Out loud.

All is fair in love.
Wanna ride?

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Thanks for the invite. I'm honored. I'll go along for the ride, wherever you us here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ marty e: they are going to think i pay you to say such nice things. maybe i should pay you. as soon as i make my first million, i'll buy you dinner or something : )

    ReplyDelete